New Online Questionnaire for Parents
20 October 2011, 06:00
Ofsted is launching a new online questionnaire which allows parents to give their views on their child's school all year round.
Covering 429 schools in Norfolk and 344 in Suffolk this new questionnaire gives parents the opportunity to complete a 12 question survey all about their child's school. The results will provide Ofsted with the information to choose priorities for inspection and help Headteachers gather direct feedback from parents. It will also help other parents determine which school they want their child to go to.
A panel of parents compiled the questions which cover a range of topics including quality of teaching, bullying, behaviour and levels of homework. Parents will be able to give their opinion on each of these issues regarding their child's school from a series of closed questions however the questionnaire does not allow free text comments.
Launching the Parent View website, Baroness Sally Morgan, Ofsted Chair said:
"What parents tell us through these questionnaires will be considered when making decisions about when a school should be inspected. I hope that mums and dads in the East of England will use Parent View to make their views count."
The results for each school will be updated constantly and will be saved at the end of the academic year.
After listening to parents feedback the website will have tight security measures including a registration and password to treat schools fairly and to stop any potential misuse.
Parents will be asked to give their view on the following 12 questions, from strongly agree through to strongly disagree:
- My child is happy at this school
- My child feels safe at this school
- My child makes good progress at this school
- My child is well looked after at this school
- My child is taught well at this school
- My child receives appropriate homework for their age
- This school ensures the pupils are well behaved
- This school deals effectively with bullying
- This school is well led and managed
- This school responds well to any concern I raise
- I receive valuable information from the school about my child’s progress
- I would recommend this school to another parent