Norwich: Drugs Gang Jailed
3 April 2012, 17:27 | Updated: 3 April 2012, 17:29
A gang of 15 people who were supplying Cocaine and Heroin in Norwich have been jailed.
A gang of drug dealers involved in the supply of cocaine and heroin in Norwich have been jailed for a total of 30 years following a specialist drugs operation.
A number of people were arrested during a series of drugs raids across the city in November last year following a three-month long investigation into Class A dealing by Norfolk’s Special Operations Unit (SOU).
The investigation, codenamed Operation Saber, targeted a heroin and cocaine supply network between London and Norwich in summer 2011.
The action culminated in a series of dawn raids in early November with officers targeting addresses in Wellington Green, Langley Walk, West Pottergate, Haslips Close, William Kett Close, Aylsham Road, Springbank, St Augustine’s Gate, Reepham Road and Lefroy Road in Norwich and Lark Rise in Mulbarton.
Police seized a quantity Class A drugs – 4gms crack cocaine and 8.2gms of heroin with a combined street value of around £800.
Fifteen people were subsequently charged with drug related offences and 10 of those suspects were sentenced at Norwich Crown Court after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing.
- (Image one) Mark Wheatland, 46 of, Aylsham Road, Norwich –four-and-a-half years
- (Image two) Andrew Blanch, 34, of William Kett Close, Norwich –two years and eight months
- (Image three) Lee Savage, 37, of Haslips Road Norwich –two years and four months
- (Image four) Neil Jacobs, 43, of Wellington Green, Norwich – two-and-a-half years
- (Image five) Kevin Buxton, 44, of Wellington Green, Norwich – three years
- (Image six) Richard Hollings, 47, Lefroy Road, Norwich – two years and two months
- (Image seven) Maria Kuta, 36, of Springbank, Norwich – two years and three months
- (Image eight) James Elston, 30, of Reepham Road, Norwich – three years
- (Image nine) Saul Wooderson, 31, of Lark Rise, Mulbarton – two years and three months
- (Image ten) Daniel Sharpe, 21, of Style Loke, Barford, Norfolk – four years
- (Image eleven) George Vernon Jacob, 28, of no fixed abode – two years and four months
- (Image twelve) Paul Burke, 41, of Blazer Court, Northumberland Street, Norwich – three years and three months
- (Image thirteen) Gideon Nation, 28, of Wellham House, Peckahm Rye, London – two years and eight months
Three other defendants were sentenced in connection with the investigation at an earlier hearing:
- (Image fourteen) Aaron Wilkes, 20, of Bisterne Road, Walthamstow, London – three years and eight months
- (Image fifteen) Guy Yapi, 21, of Radbourne Crescent, Walthamstow, London – four-and-a-half years
In November last year a 24-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation was given a 12-month conditional discharge after admitting possession of a Class A drug.
SOU officers, part of Norfolk Constabulary’s Protective Services Command, tackle serious and organised crime operating across force borders.
Detective Inspector Gary Bloomfield, who led the investigation, said: “This operation has taken a large number of drug dealers off the streets of Norwich. Offenders of this type fuel acquisitive crime and Norfolk police will continue to target such individuals to ensure our communities remain safe.”