On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with JK and Kelly Brook 6:30am - 10am
20 April 2011, 11:15 | Updated: 20 April 2011, 12:58
A two foot long grass snake's had to be rescued by firefighters after getting its head stuck in a light fitting.
The light was inside the tank the snake was being kept in at a house in the Kingsthorpe area of Northampton. Fire crews were called to Boughton Green Road at 3pm on Tuesday 19 April 2011.
Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service have told Heart the snake had popped his head through a hole in the light fitting and then got stuck. They spent twenty minutes snipping around the snake to get it out.
We're told the snake was "quite distressed" on being released and the firefighters had trouble keeping hold of it.