Great North Run 2015
11 September 2015, 08:11 | Updated: 11 September 2015, 08:14
The Great North Run, the world's most iconic half marathon, is back! And it's expected to be the BIGGEST yet!
This Sunday, tens of thousands of of runners will take on the 13.1 mile course from Newcastle's Central Motorway down to South Shields sea front.
There's also other events going on on the Newcastle and Gateshead Quayside on Saturday - the Great North City Games and the Junior 5k Run.
This all means a number of roads will be closed across the weekend.
Here's all the info you need about which roads will be closed and when:
Newcastle / Gateshead
* A167 Central Motorway - will be closed from 8pm on Saturday, September 12 to 5pm on Sunday, September 13. It will be closed from the Cowgate Roundabout to the Great North Road (B1318) Interchange.
* A167 Central Motorway including Tyne Bridge - will be closed from 8:45am to 5pm on Sunday, September 13. The road will be closed from the B1318 Great North Road Interchange to A184 Park Lane.
* A184 Park Lane - will be closed from 9am to 5pm on Sunday, September 13. It will be closed from the A184 Felling By-Pass to White Mare Pool Interchange (Leam Lane A194)
* A194 Leam Lane - will be closed from 9:45am to 4pm between the White Mare Pool Interchange to John Reid Road Roundabout (A1300).
* A1300 John Reid Road - will be closed from 9:45am to 4pm. It will be closed to Prince Edward Road (A1300) to Redwell Lane / Coast Road (A183) Roundabout.
* A183 Redwell Lane / Coast Road Roundabout - will be closed from 9am to 5pm to the Coast Road (A183) Roundabout with Sea Road and Mowbray Road.
* Bents Park Road, South Shields - will be closed 2:45pm to 5pm.
These are the legal closure times allowed by the relevant local authorities. The actual road closure times when participants are using the roads will be managed by stewards.
The Gateshead Millennium Bridge will remain open during the event.
Access to the Hilton Hotel and Curzon Place will be via Oakwellgate, Cannon Street and Church Street and Bridge Street