Newcastle Man In Court Charged With Threat To Kill
28 April 2015, 19:04 | Updated: 3 May 2015, 06:20
A man's appeared in court charged with threatening to behead a UKIP election candidate for Newcastle East.
Aftab Ahmed is accused of making a threat to kill David Robinson Young on the phone.
The 45 year old from Heaton in the city was granted bail and will go on trial in July.
The candidates for Newcastle East are:
- Nicholas Brown (Labour)
- Duncan Crute (Conservative)
- Andrew Gray (Green)
- Paul Phillips (Trade Union and Socialist Coalition)
- David Robinson-Young (UK Independent Party)
- Susan Stevenson (Communist Party of Britain)
- Wendy Taylor (Liberal Democrat)