Man Cleared Of Kendal Calling Drugs Supply
21 November 2018, 05:51 | Updated: 21 November 2018, 05:52
Sammi Obaid had denied one allegation.
A man accused of an alleged drug supply crime at the Kendal Calling music festival has been found not guilty of the charge he denied.
Sammi Obaid, 25, went on trial at Carlisle Crown Court having denied one allegation. This alleged that, on July 28 last year, he was in possession of a class controlled drug with intent to supply it to another.
A festival security staff member told a jury he was approached by a man who, he said, asked if he wanted to buy "pills".
Mr Obaid told the court he did speak with the festival employee. He admitted he was in possession of more than 200 methandienone tablets - an anabolic steroid which is legal to possess but unlawful to supply.
Asked whether he tried to supply the tablets to anyone else, he replied: "Absolutely not, and I want to make that crystal clear."
After hearing all evidence in the case, the jury unanimously acquitted Mr Obaid, of Shay Lane, Bradford, of the charge he had denied.