Stunning Shots From Marilyn Monroe's Last Ever Photoshoot
Today would have been Marilyn Monroe's 90th birthday. To celebrate, we take a look back at these poignant photos of the iconic movie star's final shoot.
1. Photographer George Barris orignally met Marilyn Monroe on set of 'The Seven Year Itch'.
The pair became firm friends after being introduced on set of the romantic comedy directed by Billy Wilder in 1954. Picture: Heritage Auction/bnps
2. "When I first saw her I thought she was the most beautiful, fantastic person I'd ever met"
When speaking to 'The Lost Angeles Daily News', about his early introduction with the American beauty, professional photographer Barris gushed that Monroe "completely knocked me off my feet". Picture: Heritage Auction/bnps
3. Pucker up!
This heart-warming photo is thought to be the last professional picture taken of the screen siren before her sad passing. It was captured on July 13 1962 in Santa Monica. Barris told the 'Daily News' that the silver screen siren uttered the words "This is just for you, George" as the picture was taken. Picture: Heritage Auction/bnps
4. The pair remained friends for seven years.
The long-lasting friendship of Monroe and Barris allowed the photographer to take incredibly candid shots of the blonde beauty. Picture: Heritage Auction/bnps
5. Marilyn Monroe wasn't a diva.
"What I particularly liked about Marilyn was that she didn't act like a movie star", Barris explained in an interview with 'The Huffington Post'. Picture: Heritage Auction/bnps
6. This is definitely our favourite picture!
Wrapped in nothing but a towel, a playful Monroe allows her natural beauty to shine. Picture: Heritage Auction/bnps
7. The original prints, signed by the photographer are expected to fetch around £4,000 each!
Another photographer Bert Stern's amazing images are also up for auction. Stern's shoot has come to be known as 'The Last Sitting', despite the fact that Barris' pictures were in fact taken later on. Picture: Heritage Auction/bnps
8. Photographer Bert Stern also took this sultry shot of the star relaxing in bed.
In this snap, we see a more intimate side of the gorgeous screen goddess. Picture: Heritage Auction/bnps