LISTEN: Scottish Man Speaks Of Nice Horror And 'Near Miss'
15 July 2016, 11:32 | Updated: 15 July 2016, 11:38
A Scottish man caught up in the "monstrous" terror attack in Nice has told Heart he could have been among the dead.
At least 84 people have died and dozens are hurt after a terrorist drove a truck through crowds along Nice's packed waterfront.
Ten children were among the dead after the driver hit people celebrating Bastille Day along the famous Promenade Des Anglais.
Aidan Laverty from Dundee watched the horror unfold.
He said he witnessed thousands of people "running, screaming and crying".
Fifty more children are being treated at the children's hospital in Nice, some with "life and death" injuries.
Video footage shows police trying to stop the lorry before it picks up speed, slamming into revellers at the end of a fireworks display.
A motorcyclist who tried to block the lorry was run over, witnesses said.
Others said the driver swerved from side to side to kill as many people as possible along more than one mile of the promenade.
The 28 year old from Scotland has been speaking to Heart reporter Connor Gillies
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said that at least one Briton had been injured in the atrocity.
The city of Marseille has cancelled its fireworks show on Friday after the attack.