Scots boy hurt in electric shock on railway line

9 December 2016, 05:36

A teenager is in a serious condition in hospital after suffering an electric shock on a railway line.

The incident happened near an overhead bridge close to Whitelees Road in Lanark, South Lanarkshire, at around 8pm on Thursday.

The 14-year-old was rushed to Wishaw General Hospital for treatment.

A spokesman for the Scottish Ambulance Service said: "We received an emergency call shortly after 8pm this evening to attend to a 14-year-old who had been electrocuted.

"Two ambulances attended and the patient was taken to Wishaw General Hospital with serious injuries.''