Worthing: Paul Price Rape Trial

26 November 2016, 09:19 | Updated: 26 November 2016, 09:31

A woman who claims she was raped by Katie Price's step-father has told a jury she is not an attention seeker.

Paul Price's alleged victim said she was not a "willing participant'' in having sex , which she says happened after a group night out in Worthing in March 2015.

Chichester Crown Court has heard that the alleged victim had got out of a taxi with Mr. Price as they were heading home for her to be sick on the beach.

She alleges he then took her to a wooded area where he raped her.

Following the alleged attack, she then flagged down a white van before getting into another taxi with Mr. Price.

In police interview, she described how Mr. Price then kissed her inside the car and they would have looked like a "couple making out''.

But when asked by Abigail Penny, defending, if she had kissed Mr. Price, the complainant said she had not - and added: "He was all over me in the taxi, I was staring directly behind the taxi driver, I was hoping to get home as quickly as possible having just been raped, I was fearful of what might happen.''

She added: "I didn't put up a fight, I thought the best thing and safest thing was to get home where my husband is.''

Breaking down in tears, the alleged victim, who gave evidence behind a screen, said: "I thought I wouldn't get out of the woods alive.''

The complainant alleges that Mr Price then raped her a second time near to his home.

When asked why she didn't ask for help from the van or taxi drivers, the complainant said that she was in shock.

The complainant also admitted falling over as she arrived at Mr Price's home, but said that the injuries she suffered that night were caused during the alleged attacks.

She admitted that she had posted on Facebook about the allegations, stating that she hoped ``justice is served''.

Ms Penny asked her: "Are you an attention seeker?'', to which she replied: ``No.''

The barrister also asked if she had talked to a journalist or agent about the allegations or intended to after the trial.

The complainant replied: "I want nothing, I just want justice. I swore on the Bible, I want justice so what happened to me doesn't happen to anyone else.''

The complainant's husband said she had been in a good mood at the restaurant.

He said: "She seemed fine, she seemed bubbly and quite chatty like her normal self. She was having a banter and discussion about the different gangs of London.''

He said that he returned to the house where they were staying and he fell asleep.

He said: "The next thing I remember is my wife coming into the bedroom, shaking me, I woke up and she told me Paul had raped her.''

He continued: "She looked absolutely shocked, I do not think I have ever seen her look like that, her face was unbelievable, she looked an absolute shock.''

He said that the couple then gathered their stuff and left the house. He said that two days later he left a message on Price's phone telling him not to contact his wife.

He denied an assertion by Ms Penny that his "wife's behaviour was outrageous, rude and loud'' during the meal at the £50-per-head restaurant on the evening of the alleged attack.

Mr. Price, of North Drive, Angmering, denies two charges of rape and the trial continues.