On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with Jamie and Amanda 6:30am - 10am
The following terms and conditions apply to the competition 'Win The Ultimate Christmas Experience For Your Family At Harrods'.
ON-AIR AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Definitions and Introduction:
1.1 In these terms and conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings (and, where applicable in these terms and conditions, the singular shall include the plural):
“Auction” The auction running on the Participating Radio Station(s) during the Term “Auction Line” The number (0345 949 5000) that Participants must call during the Bid Period to place a bid.
“Auction Terms and Conditions” These terms and conditions relating to the Auction
“Bid Period” The period, as announced on-air and/or online, during which a Participant may bid for a particular item in an Auction through the Auction Line.
“Competition Terms and Conditions” Global Charities competition terms and conditions which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/
“Conditions” The Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions “Global Charities” Global Charities of 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) and SC041475 (Scotland)) “on-air” Something broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s) “Participant” or “you” A person who participates in the Auction “Participating Radio Station(s)” The Heart Network, The Capital Network, The Smooth Radio Network, Classic FM, LBC, Radio X, Gold and Capital Xtra. “Term” The dates and times set out in Clause
2.2 of these Conditions “Website” www.makesomenoise.com or the website of any of the radio stations owned by Global Radio, Communicorpuk or Adventure Radio
1.2 These Auction Terms and Conditions together with the Competition Terms and Conditions (with the specific exception of clauses 2.3 and
2.4 of the Competition Terms and Conditions) shall apply to the Auction. Participation in any Auction shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Conditions.
1.3 In the event that these Auction Terms and Conditions conflict with the Competition Terms and Conditions, the provisions of these Auction Terms and Conditions shall prevail. 1.4 References to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be to Global Charities and/or the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.1 During the Term, details relating to the Auction will be broadcast on the Participating Radio Station(s).
2.2 All auctions will take place between Monday 5th October and Friday 9th October 2015 (“the Term”), however each lot will open and close at a different time within this Term. This competition will run from 12pm-1.15pm on October 8th 2015 on Heart. Lines will be open across the Heart network.
2.3 The Bid Period for each item will be clearly specified online and may be referred to on-air by a presenter.
2.4 During the Bid Period each Participant must call the Auction Line only when directed to do so and only during the specified periods. Calls to this number are charged at local rates from a BT landline, other networks and mobile costs may be higher.
2.5 The highest Bid received during the Bid Period will be announced on air to the extent permissible until such time that the Bid has been beaten (if applicable). The highest genuine Bid received from any Participant at the end of the Bid Period will secure the item. Where a Bid is successful, the Participant will be contacted by the Participating Radio Station.
2.6 If at the end of the Bid Period there are two or more active bidders, a final silent bid will be taken from each active bidder, and the highest silent bid will secure the item.
2.7 Full details of all Auctions will be available on the Website including any specific terms & conditions for each lot.
2.8 The offer of an Auction item on-air shall constitute an offer which will be deemed to be accepted by the highest bidder during the Bid Period. 2.9 Participants must be 18 years of age or over. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
3. Payment and delivery
3.1 Payment for an item must be by debit or credit card. The amount to be paid, having been deducted from or charged to the Participant’s debit or credit card, shall constitute consideration. All Participants must ensure that, prior to placing a bid, they are able to pay for any item which they wish to bid for.
3.2 Title in the items successfully bid for or purchased shall not pass on to the Participant until such time as payment for the item has been received by the Participating Radio Station and delivery has taken place.
3.3 Delivery of a prize or voucher with the prize details will be made within 28 (twenty eight) days to the address specified by the Participant provided that such address must be within England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. When an item is delivered, risk of damage to, or loss of, the item passes shall pass to the relevant Participant. We reserve the right to require photo ID from the successful Participant upon delivery.
3.4 Liability All items offered for Auction shall be subject to availability and we shall not be liable for any claims, expenses, costs and/or any losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, indirect, pure economic and consequential losses or otherwise) or any damage (save for death or personal injury arising from negligence) suffered by any Participant.
3.5 All matters relating to the Auction shall be at our sole discretion.
3.6 Notwithstanding that a successful bid has been received, in the event that we discover that (i) the Participant was or should have been ineligible to make a bid for an item, or (ii) that the Participant should have been declared invalid for any other reason whatever (at our absolute discretion), we reserve the right to reject the bid. In such circumstances, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the second highest bidder.
- This prize consists of a one-night stay with breakfast for five people at The Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Hyde Park London. An out of hour’s morning to visit Harrods, London to meet Peter Pumpernickel and friends, a tour of toy kingdom, lunch for all guests and the top ten Christmas gifts for 2015 (gifts are TBC).
- The out of hours visit to Harrods will need to occur on a Sunday morning in 2015 before 11am.
- You will have the opportunity for photos with Peter Pumpernickel and to take the photos away. - The lunch includes three courses per person and one alcoholic drink per adult.
- All aspects of the prize must be taken within 3 months of winning.
- Additional travel/refreshments/accommodation not included. - Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value. - In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to change the date and substitute with another date.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize. - Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Suitable timing needs to be given to book this in and is subject to space availability.
- Whilst we will do all we can to book your trip on your preferred dates, this is not always possible and we ask that you provide 3 options as soon as possible after the auction and at least 4 weeks’ notice to make a booking. More popular holiday periods for the destination get booked. - Not for resale and no cash alternative. This is a charity auction and as such no refunds are given.
- The Competition is not open to employees (or family members of employees) of Harrods Ltd and groups company (“Harrods”), companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies. The Promoter shall allow one entry per household only.