Heart’s £10k All Day - FAQs and T&Cs
7 September 2020, 08:12 | Updated: 7 September 2020, 08:17
How do I enter? You can enter the competition by texting TEN to 82122. It costs £2 plus your standard network rate.
When do I enter? Make sure you text while the competition is open. When you hear a song by the specified artist, as revealed on air, you’ve got 10 minutes from the start of the song to send your text. If you text at the wrong time you may still be charged, but you won’t be able to win.
Can I enter by phone or online? No, text is the only way to enter
I missed the artist that I’m listening for today – who is it? Keep listening to Heart, and we’ll remind you who the artist is throughout the day, but it’s always revealed first in Heart Breakfast at 8am
I have sent a text to enter but haven’t received a confirmation message There are many possible reasons for this. It could be due to insufficient funds, a Premium Rate block, a monthly cap that’s been exceeded, or a problem with your mobile phone network.
You’ll need to contact your network about this:
Why are my messages not sending in the first place? If messages are not leaving your phone, then they haven’t reached us and won’t be included in the draw to win. This isn’t something we’re able to affect, so you’ll need to contact your mobile phone network (using one of the links above), and they’ll be able to advise you further.
I received my confirmation message quite a long time after the song played Sometimes, when we experience a higher-than-normal volume of traffic, it can take longer than usual to process and send out our response messages, so even if you receive a confirmation message after the text lines closed, that entry was still included in the draw.
I missed a call – was it from Heart? Unfortunately, we can’t disclose that information. Make sure that, if you enter, you’re available to safely answer your phone.
I’ve already entered one competition round. Can I enter another round? Yes, you can enter different rounds of the competition. However, once you’ve won once you can’t win again.
I was a winner on another Heart competition recently. Can I enter? In the last six months, if you’ve won a competition on any of Global’s radio stations – winning either a prize valued at a thousand pounds or more, or winning more than one prize of any value - your entries won’t be eligible until any exclusion period has ended.
If we’ve still not answered your question, check out our full list of Premium Rate FAQs here.
‘HEART’S 10K ALL DAY’ 2020 on The Heart Network - RULES
1) The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.heart.co.uk/terms-conditions/competition/) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to ‘Heart’s 10K All Day’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from Monday 7th September to Friday 13th November on The Heart Network (the “Radio Station”). The Competition will not run on the Heart 70s, Heart 80s, Heart 90s or Heart Dance digital services.
2) Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
Details of the Competition:
3) To enter the Competition, an Entrant must listen on FM or DAB and identify and text in when they hear any song by a specified artist (the “Trigger Song”) as directed on-air by the presenter(s) between 8am and 4pm weekdays
4) The specified artist required to be identified by listeners will change daily at the discretion of Heart and will be announced on-air by the presenter(s).
5) A song (or a standard ‘Heart edit’ of a song) must be played in full to count as the Trigger Song. For the avoidance of doubt, elements of advertisements, short clips, extracts or background music do not constitute the Trigger Song.
6) An Entrant must send a text message starting with the keywords TEN or 10 to 82122 (the “Text Message Line”). The Text System may not recognise any other format of the keyword.
7) Text messages will be charged at £2 plus one standard rate message.
8) Listeners will have 10 minutes from the start of the Trigger Song to enter. If listeners text either before the start or after the end of the 10-minute period, they will not be entered into the Competition but may still be charged. Global is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us. Additionally, Global is not responsible for any erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network or handset error.
9) On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in our 4-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time within the same competition round, they will receive an additional two entries into that competition round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this. If they do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and they will be charged again. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that, if they respond to this offer, the text lines for the Competition round are still open when they do so.
10) Once the text lines have closed, one entry will be selected at random from all the entries received during that round. If the selected entry is eligible and sent at the correct time (i.e. during the 10-minute period from the start of the Trigger Song), the Entrant will be called back and declared the winner. If the entry is ineligible or is not sent at the correct time, another entry will be selected and declared the winner.
11) All winning Entrants may be required to talk to the presenter/s either live on air, or a call will be recorded with the presenter/s and then later played on-air. If an Entrant fails to answer their phone, is driving, or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during the call and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the Entrant, they may forfeit their chance to win and another entry will be selected at random. The Producer’s decision is final.
12) The number of rounds played each day is flexible and will be decided at the discretion of Heart. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. Heart reserves the right to take the Competition off air for bank holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
13) For the avoidance of doubt, each Competition round is a separate round and the text system will be re-set after each round.
14) Players and Winners may be required to take part in publicity (including interviews) with national and regional media at the request of Heart. By entering this competition, you agree that Heart may use your name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of your contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
15) Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
16) An Entrant can enter up to 12 times each day (excluding free entries). We strongly advise against excessive use.
17) Any Entrant that wins a cash prize during the Competition may not enter the Competition again.
18) Entrants must have a bank account in their name as the cash prize will be paid by BACS transfer
19) If an Entrant is announced as a winner on air but is later found to be ineligible, another winner may be selected in their place.
20) The prize available in each round is £10,000
21) Cash prizes will be paid by BACS transfer to the winner’s bank account.
22) Global will endeavour to transfer the prize money to a winning Entrant’s bank account within 28 days but are not responsible for any delays in the banking system. In order to be paid the same day, winning Entrants must provide all the necessary details via the method directed before 4pm. If any eligibility checks need to be carried out, this could delay the payment.
23) Prizes are non-transferable, and no alternative is available.
24) Global reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time. The prize value for each round will be made clear on air.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our phone entry services, please have a look at our FAQ's or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.