On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden 6:30am - 10am
8 September 2011, 05:00
The council is discussing changes to parking charges in south Oxfordshire this evening.
Earlier this year South Oxfordshire District Council spoke to people living in the area about their draft car park order, which sets out fees and charges for the year.
Some changes have been made and people are being asked what they think about those.
Some of the main changes include
- Displaying a ticket to park for the free hour at car parks in Thame, Didcot and Goring, some in Wallingford and the free 2 hours at Goldsmith's Lane car park in Wallingford.
- Bringing in a maximum stay of 4 hours at the Church Road car park in Wheatley.
- Introducing new charges at the Riverside car park in Wallingford, including free parking on Sundays and a new short stay charge of 50p for up to 1 hour.
- A new free permit for leisure centre holders.
- Changes to season ticket charges and for the cost of replacing season permits.
It's been recommended that the Council approve the changes.