Suspect In Marlow Murder In Hospital

11 July 2016, 06:54 | Updated: 11 July 2016, 06:56

A 23-year-old man arrested on suspicion of the murder of an 81-year-old woman has been taken to hospital for medical treatment.

Albertina Choules was attacked at her home in Ragmans Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire.

She was reportedly found on the lawn. A post-mortem examination found that she died as a result of blunt trauma head injury before she was set on fire.

A Thames Valley Police spokesman said: ``A 23-year-old man from High Wycombe arrested on suspicion of murder remains under arrest and is currently in hospital for medical treatment.''

Detective Chief Superintendent Gilbert Houalla appealed for anyone who saw a man suspected of being involved, prior to the attack.

The man is described as white, about 6ft tall, wiry, with short cropped dark hair that is slightly longer on top than on the sides. He has very noticeable, pale blue eyes.

Mr Houalla said: ``We are appealing for witnesses and would particularly like to speak to anyone who may have seen a man matching the description between the times of 10pm on Saturday July 2, and noon on Sunday July 3.

``We are also keen to see if anyone saw a man matching the description between the times of 6pm on Tuesday July 5 and 8am on Wednesday July 6.''

The victim's family said in a statement released through police: ``Tina was incredibly special, as was her simple, self-sufficient way of life with no electricity, television or washing machine.

``She never liked to sit still and worked tirelessly to maintain her beautiful garden and produce all year round.

``Even in her old age she would chop trees, dig up flowerbeds and wrestle with her lovely dog, Georgie.

``She was completely selfless in giving away her fantastic fruit and vegetables to friends and family as well as sharing her wonderful Buddhist Stupas (that she built with her own hands) with those that chose to walk in the woodland.

``Her friends and family in both the UK and Italy will miss her very dearly.''