Bridal Idol 2019 Terms and Conditions
- The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the Bridal Idol Competition ("the Competition") which will run from Monday 11th February until Friday 26th April 2019 (“the Duration”) as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Heart South Wales.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition and be in the running to be shortlisted to take part, an Entrant must complete an online questionnaire available at Heart.co.uk. Online entry will open at 06:00 on MONDAY 11th FEBRUARY 2019 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 23.59 on FRIDAY 1st MARCH 2019 (the “Closing Time”). If you enter after the closing time, you will not be entered.
5. Up to 5 couples will be shortlisted to take part in the competition based on their entry via the online questionnaire. Couples will be judged and shortlisted by the strength of their fundraising plan and personal romantic story as detailed in their entry. They will be notified by Heart during the week commencing MONDAY 4th MARCH 2019 until SUNDAY 10th MARCH 2019 (“Couple Selection Period”) if they have been shortlisted.
6. If the call is not answered, goes to voicemail, or the Entrant is driving, or the quality of the call is not sufficient for broadcast (at the Promoter’s discretion), the chance to take part in the competition may be forfeited. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted.
7. The couples will be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played out on-air.
8. Participating couples are not permitted to share their involvement with others until this is revealed live on air.
9. Once notified, the couples will have from 06:00 on Monday 11th March 2019 until 23:59 on Wednesday 24th April 2019 (the “Fundraising Period”) to fundraise the most amount of money for Heart’s charity Global’s Make Some Noise to win the competition.
10. Each couple will be provided with an ‘everydayhero UK’ online fundraising page by the charity before the Fundraising Period begins.
11. The winning couple will have the highest amount of money paid into their online fundraising page at the end of the Fundraising Period.
12. Couples are not permitted to pay in their own money to their fundraising page, i.e. that they have not raised via fundraising activity, to boost their fundraising total
13. Fundraising activity must be safe and legal for those involved. If unsure, the couple must check with an expert authority.
14. Fundraising activity must not pose a reputation risk to the charity or Global Radio.
15. The winning couple will be notified by Heart and revealed live on-air on Friday 26th April 2019.
1. Entrants must be eligible to get married and be aged 18 or over.
2. Entrants must be available to take part during the Fundraising Period.
3. Entrants will be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air.
4. Entry is available to residents of the United Kingdom only, excluding Northern Ireland.
Specific prize terms:
The winning couple will win a wedding package worth approximately £10,000 at the Heritage Park Hotel, Trehafod Rhondda CF37 2NP. The wedding package is based on 50 guests during the day and evening.
The wedding package includes:
1) Venue hire of the function space ‘Rhondda Suite’ at Heritage Park Hotel from 7AM until 12:30AM the following day of the wedding. The function space is on the ground floor which is wheelchair accessible. Hire includes: tables, linen, crockery, cutlery, glassware, chairs and a late bar open until 12:30AM.
2) Candle-Lit Lanterns, Elegant Candelabra Centerpieces and Uplighters in a Colour of your Choice (subject to availability) in the venue
3) Red Carpet Arrival
4) Cream Ceremony Carpet
5) Blossom Trees for the Top of the Aisle
6) Luxury Executive Car; for 2 guests. The car is available for 1 journey under a 10 mile radius, and available for photographs for 1 hour after the ceremony.
7) Arrival Canapés for 50 Guests; guests will have a choice of 2 canapés being served during the drinks reception. The winning couple can choose any two canapés from our canapé menu.
8) Bronze Drinks Package – each guest will be offered a glass of sparkling wine, a glass of house wine, and a glass of fizz for the toast
9) 3 Course Wedding Breakfast for 50 Guests; the winning couple will receive a wedding breakfast menu from the hotel where they can choose a single choice, 3 course menu for their guests. We can cater for any dietary requirements complimentary.
10) After Dinner Tea and Coffee for 50 Guests
11) Finger Buffet for the Evening for 50 Guests; this includes a selection of Fresh Wraps and Hot Paninis, selection of Fresh Pizza, Piri Piri Chicken Skewers, Crispy Vegetable Parcels, Spicy Potato Wedges with a Mexican Salsa Dip, Warm Sausage Rolls, Greek Salad
12) Bridal Suite for the Newlyweds on the night of the wedding
13) A wedding dress worth upto £1500 from Bridal Box, Pontyclun or up to £1500 spend towards a wedding dress from Bridal Box, Pontyclun
14) Bridal Bouquet and Groom’s Buttonholes worth upto a total of £300 from Flowers by Kirsty
15) 2-Tier Wedding Cake or a Cupcake Tower worth up to £350 from Bryn Awel Creative Cakes
16) White LED Star-Lit Dancefloor in the venue from Starlight Events
17) DJ for your Evening Party from 7PM until 12:30AM from AJ Event Services
18) Suit Hire from Oxford House Menswear; 5 x lounge suit package or £500 worth of suits, whichever limit is reached first.
19) 6 Hours of Photography on the Day of the Wedding by Huw Dale Photography
20) Sash Bows for all guests and a Floral Arch from Wedding and Balloon World, Porth
The prize is to be taken on any available date up to and including 31st March 2020 with the exception of any date during the months of July and August 2019.
Optional upgrades and any additional supplements are available upon request and are at extra cost to the prize winner. The winning couple is welcome to increase their number of guests for an additional cost per person.
Whilst we will do all we can to book the wedding on your preferred dates, this is not always possible and we ask that you provide three options as soon as possible after the competition and at least four weeks’ notice to make a booking.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to change the date and substitute with another date.
The winning couple is responsible for organizing and paying for the ceremony / registrar. This is NOT included in the prize.
The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
-We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
-Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
-Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
-This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.