Glass Attacker Banned
3 April 2013, 11:09 | Updated: 3 April 2013, 11:13
A 23 year old's been banned from a St Albans pub for two years for attacking another man with a glass.
Scott Irvine from Trumpington Drive, St Albans has been barred from going into The Camp pub after a judge branded him a 'thug'.
He struck another man in the face with a glass when a football presentation night ended in violence. He admitted a charge of wounding the other man during an appearance at Luton Crown Court on Wednesday 27 March 2013.
Both men had been in the pub on the night of 30 April 2011.
The court heard the victim suffered a wound over his right eye caused by the glass. The court was told that since that night Irvine has stopped drinking and, as a result, had lost four stone in weight.
Passing sentence, Judge Richard Foster told Irvine "In a drunken state you behaved like a thug."
He sentenced Irvine to 12 months imprisonment suspended for a year and placed him on supervision.
In addition, he will have to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work and he will be subject to a curfew for the next three months when he will have to remain at home between 6pm and 6am.
Irvine was also told he must pay his victim £260 compensation.
The judge said he was also making Irvine the subject of an exclusion order forbidding him from going to The Camp for the next two years.