Reward Put Up For Information Over Stafford Death

7 December 2016, 12:37 | Updated: 7 December 2016, 12:53

The family of a man who died in Stafford in 2015 have put up a significant reward for fresh information that leads to a conviction.

Carl Tindall, aged 35, from Brocton, Stafford, was found seriously injured in Cull Avenue near its junction with Weston Road at around 10pm on Saturday August 22. As a result of his injuries he sadly died two days later at Royal Stoke University Hospital.

A detailed and thorough investigation into his death followed and as a result one person was charged with manslaughter and three people were charged with assisting an offender. However, following a trial in July 2016 they were all found not guilty.

Detective Inspector Glyn Pattinson from Staffordshire Police, said: “Carl’s family continue to demonstrate great strength, courage and dignity during what I can only imagine has been most difficult time of their lives. Their infinite love for Carl is clear for everybody to see.

"While our lengthy investigation is concluded, we are supportive of Carl’s family’s offer of a reward and will keenly review any new information that is passed to us.

“Anyone with information is asked to contact Staffordshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 899 of 22 August 2015 or you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will not need to go to court.”

Statement from Carl's family: "We are issuing a reward of £10,000 for information that results in the conviction of Carl’s killers.

"Therefore, once again we appeal to the community for help in solving what happened to Carl. We have appealed before and continue to plead for any information, no matter how seemingly small or trivial, regarding Carl's death.

"On the 22 August 2015, Carl was assaulted in Plant Crescent, Stafford, where he sustained catastrophic head injuries. Although Carl was still alive, he was put in a car and driven to Cull Avenue in Stafford where he was left at the road side to die.

"We were at Carl’s bedside every second while he was in hospital, praying that he would recover. It never crossed our minds that we would be called into a room to be told there was nothing else they could do for him, that his injuries were so serious, that there was no hope of Carl making any recovery.

"On the 24 August 2015 we stood and held Carl while the doctors turned off his life support machine. Our family is haunted every day by the horror of watching Carl take his last breath. We will never adjust to life without Carl.

"As Carl’s family our belief is that those responsible live alongside us in our community. Since that night Carl's death has been the topic of many discussions and conversations within the Stafford area, on the streets, in the clubs, restaurants, businesses and homes.

"Someone out there has information and knows something that could help us and Carl's friends to come to terms with his death. You may think that the small bit of information you have is irrelevant, but this may be the last piece of the jigsaw that may help bring the people to justice. We ask those people to search their hearts, souls and conscience to please help us find peace and closure.

"We will never give up until we get a conviction for those responsible for Carl's manslaughter."