Six months since Worcester man murdered.
Today is the six-month anniversary of the death of Andrew Heath, in Worcester on 14 December 2011, and to mark it, West Mercia Police has launched a dedicated mini-site to continue its appeals for information from the public.
Mr Heath, aged 52, was found dead at his flat in Chedworth Close, Warndon, after a suspected arson attack at around 4am on Wednesday 14 December. A dedicated team of more than 30 members of staff continues to investigate his murder.
The mini-site, which is hosted on the force's website is a first for West Mercia Police. It includes TV footage from the Heath family's appeal in January, links to the BBC Crimewatch reconstruction, which aired later the same month, a timeline of the investigation and all previously released media appeals.
There is also a gallery of photographs from the investigation, including a previously unreleased CCTV image, which is the last known of Mr Heath. It was taken the night he died when he visited his local Spar Shop on Cranham Drive, at 7.50pm.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Williamson, who leads the investigation, said:
"This inquiry is not going away: we continue the fight to find Andrew's killer and there is still a dedicated team working on the case as well as experts conducting work for us.
"We will get there in the end and I want the killer to know that.
"Extensive inquiries have been made with more than 1,000 statements taken, but I believe there are people in Warndon that still have information about what happened but have yet to come forward.
"For those who have not yet spoken to us and are concerned about contacting the police, all information will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and we can put special measures in place if necessary.
"If you have any information about the circumstances leading up to Andrew's death, we need you to come forward.
"The mini-site is an excellent resource for anyone interested in the investigation and if anyone is thinking about contacting the police, I encourage them to have a look. It will remind them of the impact Andrew Heath's death has had on his family, in particular his elderly parents.
"The site contains messages from Andrew's family and footage of their emotional appeal made in January; it will remind anyone that they have been devastated by his death and their pain continues while his killer has not been found."
The investigation continues to have the full support of the Heath family. Andrew's sister Leia Charleson said this week:
"It has been six months since Andrew's death and the fact that we as a family still have no answer as to who is responsible is a source of great distress to all of us and particularly his parents, Helen and Les.
"We have been touched by the support of Andrew's friends and reassured by the investigation team's continued efforts. However, we will gain no closure until we know who is responsible and the reasons why they set his flat on fire."
A reward of £20,000 is available for information that results in the arrest and conviction of those responsible for Andrew's death.
If anyone does have information they would like to pass to the police, DCI Williamson can be contacted via the non-emergency number 101, or information can be passed on anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.