Dixie & Emma's Big School Showdown t&Cs
20 May 2019, 08:06 | Updated: 20 May 2019, 08:19
The Big School Showdown on Heart Yorkshire, 2019
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at heart.co.uk under “Terms and Conditions”) of Communicorpuk (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to The Big School Showdown radio competition (the “Competition") which will run on Heart Yorkshire. Registration opens on 20th May 2019 and closes 2359 11th July 2019 - with the final round being played on 20th July.
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To register to take part in the competition an Entrant must either:
Send a text message with the word YORKSHIRE and your message to 82122. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on air.
The Big School Showdown is primarily an entertainment feature rather than a competition. All entrants selected randomly to play on-air will be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation will be recorded and played on-air. The entrant must answer 10 general knowledge questions in the quickest possible time. Incorrect answers incur a 10 second penalty.
If the caller fails to answer a return call from Communicorp UK, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer) the call may be terminated and another entrant selected at random.
4. Players must be 18 or over and be a primary school teacher working at a Yorkshire school.
5. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
6. The entrant who tops the leader board on 17th July 2019 will receive a bike for every child in the teacher's class from Wilco Motosave.
7. The winning school may be visited by members of the Heart team, this will be cleared in advance.
8. Communicorpuk reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.