A-Z of Summer: BBQs
There's nothing better in the summer than getting all the family together for a BBQ. But don't just settle a few burgers and sausages.
Why not get the children together, lay the ingredients out on a table outside and come up with some mouth-watering dishes.
Here are our 5 top tips for excellent BBQ food:
- Brush food with oil. This will prevent sticking. Olive oil is theprefered choice. Don’t brush the grill, it will burn your brush!
- For most meats, sear over high heat first, then move to lower heat to finish.
- Turn often. Don’t let too much juice accumulate on the top of the meat…you will only lose that juice once you turn it over
- When seasoning, larger roasts should be seasoned and then wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight. Smaller cuts of meat should be seasoned 1 - 2 hours prior to cooking
- If using a marinade to baste, BOIL it first!
|Every week you'll have the chance to win the Ultimate Family Home entertainment package - enter here|
Whatever you choose to do enjoy the scent of summer with Vax and Heart.