Brian Patrick Fegan Died When His Car Collided With A Stationary Lorry That Stopped To Help At Another Crash
People Told To Keep Windows Shut
A chemical spill on Thursday 11 August 2011 led to people living near a factory being told to keep their windows closed overnight.
Fire crews from Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Hitchin and Baldock were among those called out to deal with what happened at the factory in Newark Close, Royston, Hertfordshire on the Thursday evening.
Hertfordshire's Fire and Rescue Service say the spill was due to overheating. Three hundred litres of a toxic substance created from mixing two chemicals had leaked from a container.
The Fire Service took their chemical decontamination unit with them to the scene, and firefighters wearing gas tight suits tackled the problem. Those firefighters who went in to deal with the spill were decontaminated when they came out.
Nearby businesses had to be evacuated as a precaution. People living in the nearby area were also advised to keep their windows closed overnight on Thursday - again as a precaution - because of the toxicity of what had been produced by the spill.
We're told no-one was injured as a result of the spillage.
Face watch ID Online Tool For Public To Search In Their area.
Body Of Woman Who Recently Gave Birth Named As 34 Year-Old Tabussum Winning
Student pleads guilty to mass cyber attack
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart 96.9
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.