Sucker For You Matt Terry Download 'Sucker For You' on iTunes
Draft plans have been drawn up looking at how Bristol city centre might incorporate a bus rapid transit system in the future.
Cllr Jon Rogers, Cabinet Member for Transport and Sustainable Development, said: “By 2015 our bus rapid transit system must connect in the centre and work in harmony with the Greater Bristol Bus Network arrivals and departures. When it does, we’d like passengers to alight in a smart, sustainable space, with clean air and a calm atmosphere.
The aim is to achieve:
· A route through the centre for the bus rapid transit network
incorporating plans for an interchange
· a safer and more accessible space for pedestrians
· a way to keep cyclists safer
· a better environment
· a peaceful, respectful and well-landscaped Cenotaph monument
· a way to manage taxi traffic and party-goers.
Draft A plans include the following ideas:
· general traffic would be reduced to one lane in each direction
down the Hippodrome side.
· the whole of the east side would be designed for public
· the western end of Baldwin Street would be closed to general
· two-way traffic using Baldwin Street would reroute down Marsh
· Colston Street could be closed at the bottom to all but buses
and a shared space considered in front of the Colston Hall.
Click HERE to see the plans