Cambridge Burglary Crackdown
Police in Cambridge have now arrested fifty people in connection with an investigation into burglaries and cycle thefts in the city.
Officers have been working on the investigation, code-named "Operation Northwood", for a year.
They've raided dozens of homes across Cambridge since last Monday (13th September).
In the latest raids, on Wednesday, five arrests were made in connection with the investigation, including a woman at an address in London.
A total of 41 people have so far been charged in connection with the operation.
The latest are:
- Owen Land, 34, of Brackley Close, Cambridge. Theft x9, handling stolen goods
- Scott Reynolds, 23, of Alice Bell Close, Cambridge. Theft x15
- Desmond Stephens, 31, of Somerset Road, Histon. Theft x7, handling stolen goods
- Glenn Hollis, 28, of Kendal Way, Cambridge. Handling stolen goods
- Lee Turner, 19, Conspiracy to commit burglary, Conspiracy to conceal/disguise/convert/transfer or remove criminal property
- Joe Demartino-Ross (20) of Edgecombe, Cambridge. Theft (Charged on Wednesday)
A woman, 32 year old Kerry Endersby of Alice Bell Close, has been arrested and charged with obstructing a police officer.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Hannah Clarkson
1pm - 5pm
Text 'MUSIC' to 82122
Now playing: Non-stop hit music