Huntingdon: Woman Cracks Tooth On Screw In Pizza

A Huntingdon restaurant's been fined £8,000 after a woman eating pizza, cracked her tooth when she bit a metal screw.

Pizza Express admitted to selling unsafe food, and to failing to keep equipment, i.e. the dough trays, in such good order, repair and condition so as to minimise the risk of contaminating foods.

Investigators found the screw came from a tray storing the pizza bases.

The company also had to pay £2,890 in court costs.

In a statement from Pizza Express, Heart's been told: "We have rigorous controls in place and set ourselves very high standards for the safety of our food, which is why this is extremely rare. We have apologised to our guest and taken extra measures to prevent this happening again."

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Kat Shoob

10pm - 1am

Email the show

Text 'HEART' to 82122

Kat Shoob

Stay tuned...

Watch heart TV

  • Now playing: The best feel good music

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Follow Heart Cambridgeshire on Twitter