Some homes in Cambs & Peterborough are still without power after Storm Doris hit yesterday.
Cambridgeshire: Flood Warnings
There are currently flood warnings in place in Cambridgeshire.
Flooding is also causing travel disruption on many routes across the county.
Latest flood warnings
A number of flood warnings remain in place, mainly affecting areas close the the River Nene.
See the latest flood warnings and advice on the Environment Agency website.
Flood warning advice
For areas with Flood warnings the following advice has been issued by the Environment Agency:
- If it's safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags and cover airbricks and other ventilation holes.
- If you are caught in a flash flood, get to higher ground.
- Stay away from flood water and don't take risks.
- Move family, pets and valuables to a safe place.
- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
- If it's safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who may need it.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water if your property is about to flood.
- Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions.
- The Environment Agency website contains details of river level and flooding information and can be accessed at the Environment Agency website.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue are warning drivers not to ignore flood warning signs, and have issued this advice:
- If you know your home is at risk of flooding, prepare a list of useful phone numbers and keep it somewhere safe
- Don't try to drive through standing water - as well as the water damaging your car, there may be hazards under the water you can't see.
- If you see a sign to say that the road is closed due to flooding, remember that the sign is there for a reason.
- Don't try to drive through or you might get stuck
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for more information Dial 999 is there is imminent risk to a person's life.
Whirlpool: New Advice To Customers After New Intervention From Peterborough Trading Standards
Real Time Journey Information Cash Awarded To Help RNIB Visitors In Peterborough
Amazon says some of 5,000 of its new UK roles will be created at its Development Centre in Cambridge.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.