The 79-year-old man suffered a serious head injury in the Cranmer Road car park in Winton.
Fire Started From Sunlight On Mirror
Dorset Fire Service believe a fire at a house near Corfe Castle was actually started by sunlight reflected off a mirror.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were called to a bedroom fire in Rempstone near Corfe Castle on Monday 23rd July at around 1.20pm.
Two crews from Swanage attended this incident and reported a fire in a first floor bedroom. Crews extinguished the fire using two sets of breathing apparatus and one hosereel jet. The stop message for this incident, was received at 2.10pm.
Station Manager Dave Arundel, who attended this incident said: "This fireis believed to have been caused by sunlight reflected off a mirror on the window sill. A hessian chair and some curtains caught fire, but the room was badly smoke damaged.
"Although fires started in this way are unusual, they can occur. This should act as a warning to all homeowners.
"The occupant, who was in the garden at the time, was alerted to this fire by their smoke alarm.
"A working smoke alarm will not stop fires from starting,but they do provide an early warning. All homes should have a working smoke alarm, which is tested weekly."
Two Girls Indecently Assaulted Last Sunday
A 29-Yr-Old Woman Has Been Arrested After Car Spotted In Water Near Coppins Bridge.
Pause in Old Christchurch Road is home to seven rescue cats, which customers can play with while they eat and drink.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.