South Central Ambulance Service hopes it'll help save lives, of people suffering cardiac arrest.
Lucky Escape After Candle Flat Fire
A block of flats in Boscombe have been damaged by a fire thought to have been started by unattended candles.
Dorset Fire and Rescue sent this statement:
At approximately 12.35am on the morning of Thursday 4th May, Dorset Fire and Rescue Service was alerted by several 999 calls, to a property fire in a block of flats in Brooklyn Court, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth.
Fire crews from Springbourne, Westbourne, Redhill Park and Christchurch (approximately 20 firefighters) attended this incident within six minutes.
When they arrived, fire crews were confronted by a fire in the lounge of a first floor flat. They used four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to extinguish this fire. Thankfully, no one has been injured by this fire.
Watch Manager at Simon Jewers from Springbourne Fire Station and Incident Commander, said:
"Unfortunately the flat affected by this fire is now smoke damaged, but the occupants have had a really lucky escape. Fire crews led two residents to safety, believed to be from flats above the affected property. There does not appear to have been working smoke alarms inside the flats and we will be working with residents now to rectify this.
"We believe the fire was caused by unattended candles. If the candles had been safely extinguished before the occupiers had fallen asleep, this incident could have been prevented. Please always remember to extinguish candles before you fall asleep or leave a room. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have working smoke alarms on all levels of your home and that these are tested weekly. If there is a fire get out, stay out and call the fire service out."
The Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service (FESS) vehicle attended this incident. This service is delivered by specially trained Red Cross volunteers and provides practical help, advice and comfort to those affected in the aftermath of a domestic fire or similar incident. FESS works by providing a purpose built facility (in the form of a specially adapted vehicle) with food, toiletries, clothing, access to a telephone and help with looking after children and pets. FESS volunteers provide emotional support, information and advice on finding temporary accommodation, and also assist with producing an inventory of lost or damaged items.
As the evenings start getting darker, officers are urging riders to use lights and wear reflective clothing.
Isle of Wight Council bosses have overturned a vote by councillors - who had rejected the partnership to secure £900 million of funding.
The busy road's being made two lanes in both directions between Segensworth and Titchfield - it's due to take 18 months.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.