Man Rescued From Burning Bungalow

25 February 2010, 08:05

A man is in hospital after inhaling alot of smoke when his bungalow caught fire in Poole yesterday evening.

Most of the building on Kingsbere Road in Oakdale was destroyed.

Incident commander, Craig Baker, said: "This would have been a particularly difficult fire to tackle due to the amount of personal possessions inside the property, had we been looking at internal search and rescue.

"Luckily, we were informed by the occupant that he was alone at the time of the fire, so we could concentrate on firefighting externally. The large amount of combustible material in the property meant that the fire caught hold very quickly, with more than 80% being involved. The gentleman is lucky to be alive. This is a stark warning to ensure that exit routes are always cleared and to have working smoke detection at all times."

Liar Tv Drama ITV 2017

Liar Fans Think The Police Missed Some Crucial Evidence In The Recent Episode

The Chase contestant has a famous dad

The Chase Contestants Were Shocked To Learn That He Has A Very Famous Dad!

Kush Speedy Recovery Eastenders

Eastenders Fans Left Totally Baffled After Kush's Rapid Surgery Recovery!

Craig David and Lorraine Kelly Had A Big Night Out

Craig David Reveals He And Lorraine Kelly Once Partied Until The Wee Hours