Man Rescued From House Fire

A Bournemouth man's been rescued from his home after a fire broke out in the conservatory as he slept.

Dorset Fire and Rescue say they were alerted to the property fire at approximately 3.35am this morning (7th April).

Crews from Redhill Park, Springbourne and Christchurch attended the scene in Axford Close, in the Strouden area of Bournemouth, within six minutes and were confronted by a fire in a ground floor conservatory.

Crews used four sets of breathing apparatus, three main lines and one hose reel jet to extinguish this fire, which was located in the ground floor of the house.

Firefighters rescued one male from the property, who is now being treated by ambulance personnel.

Station Manager Simon Tattersall, who attended this incident said:

"This gentleman has had a very lucky escape. As soon as firefighters arrived on the scene they  rescued him from the 2nd floor of his house.

"We believe the cause of this fire to be careless disposal of smoking materials and I would like to take this opportunity to remind the public 'put it out, right out!'

"As a fire service, we can't say 'don't smoke' but we can say 'if you're going to smoke, please, please ensure that everything is extinguished into a suitable container before you go to bed or fall asleep'. These type of incidents can easily be prevented with just a few seconds worth of preventative action."

Robert, Terri and Bindi Irwin.

Steve Irwin's Family Return To Continue His Legacy

Halloween Quiz

QUIZ: Find Out Who You're Destined To Be This Halloween!

Dancing on Ice Judge Confirmed

The New 'Dancing On Ice' Judge Has No Ice Skating Experience!

Lord Sugar Apprentice blunder

The Apprentice Fans Spot This HUGE Gaffe During Embarrassing Robot Task