Searches have been carried out after kayak equipment was found washed up and at sea, between Gosport and Cowes.
Sprucing Up Bournemouth
Lamp posts, signs, benches and railings have all been given a lick of paint as part of Bournemouth’s £1million Smart Streets programme during 2011.
Across the borough painters have been targeting street infrastructure which had been overdue for maintenance and given them a fresh new lease of life.
They included painting:
· 1,025 lamp posts
· 1,748 metres of railings
· 311 high level sign posts
· 79 benches
· 122 bollards
· The decorative canopy in Old Christchurch Road
· Dozens of bins, bike racks, gatesand planters
· Plus cleaned a further 460 roadsigns
Councillor Michael Filer, portfolio holder for Transportand Technical Services, said: “I am delighted at just how much additional painting and maintenance we have achieved this year as part of our Smart Streets programme. From Southbourne to Westbourne and up to Kinson the town looks marvellous. The work has been done with the proper preparation and using high quality paints which will mean the results should last us for years to come. You can’t help noticing the results when you travel around the borough and I’m sure our residents and visitors agree.”
Smart Streets is a 12-month campaign in which £1 million is being invested in environmental initiatives and streetscene improvements across Bournemouth.
Other Smart Streets programme initiativesinclude:
* A team of dedicated street cleansing champions in each of the town’s key neighbourhoods including Moordown, Boscombe, Winton, Charminster, Southbourne, Westbourne and Kinson.
* Additional mechanical sweeping
* Chewing gum removal programme
* Encouraging community litter picks
* Installing new solar powered litter bins
* Refurnishing street furniture and railings
* Refreshing road markings and sign cleaning programme.
Hampshire Police Have Car Crash Display to Warn People Of The Dangers Of Drink Driving.
Extra officers and specially-trained staff are starting visits to vulnerable people - as reports tend to increase at Christmas.
West Quay Watermark's first restaurants are opening, ahead of a bowling alley and cinema.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.