Let's Hear It For The Boy Deniece Williams Download 'Let's Hear It For The Boy' on iTunes
Emergency services were called to the Millhams site in Kinson on Friday morning after two men were injured (June 29th).
Bournemouth Borough Council said in a statement:
"Millhams Household Recycling Centre in Kinson was been closed for approximately 2 hours between 10.30am and 12.30pm, following an incident at the site. The site has now reopened.
"To our knowledge, a single cardboard box, containing items currently unknown, spontaneously ignited.
"Emergency services have visited the scene following reports of an incident. All emergency services have now left the site. Two members of staff were injured - one was treated on site and a second, a male aged around 30, has been taken to Poole Hospital.
"No members of the public were injured.
"A full investigation has been launched and the Health & Safety Executive has been informed."
Chief Executive Tony Williams said:
“We wish the staff involved a full and very speedy recovery. An investigation has been launched and the Council has informed the Health & Safety Executive.
“I would also like to thank the emergency services for their swift response, and staff on site in being able to reopen the facility to the public so quickly.”
The site is operated by Weymouth & Sherborne Recycling Services on behalf of the Bournemouth Borough Council.