Warning After Needle On Beach

The mum of a three year girl, who trod on a needle on Bournemouth beach last week, is warning other parents to keep an eye on where their kids are playing.

The youngster was playing outside Harry Ramsden's on Wednesday morning when her mum spotted a puncture mark on her foot from a nearby needle.

Her daughter was taken to hospital for jabs and tests and they now have to wait four weeks to find out if the girl is free from infection.

Alan Brown, Seafront Operations Manager said "Needles on the beach are a rare occurence.

"If a member of the public sees a syringe they should alert a member of the seafront team or lifeguard immediately".

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Club Classics with Mark Wright

7pm - 9pm

Email the show

Text 'HEART' to 82122

Club Classics with Mark Wright

Stay tuned...

Watch heart TV

  • Now playing: The best feel good music