Businesswoman Says She Wants To Give Something Back
Firework Accident Causes Serious Burns
A man has been transferred to a specialist burns unit after he was injured by fireworks on Sunday, October 21.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) were alerted to a property along Dellsome Lane at 1.59am. Ambulance crews from Letchworth and Welwyn Garden City attended the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "We believe the man was inside a garage where the fireworks were stored when they ignited. The man wasn't able to free himself due to dense smoke and the fireworks were rebounding of the walls onto him."
Gary added: "The man was eventually saved by his friends who led him to safety and called for an ambulance. This incident has highlighted how dangerous fireworks can be and I strongly advise anyone who is buying fireworks to adhere to the warnings and saftey of how to use them correctly as the consequences are too high."
The man in his 30s was initially taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage. He was later transferred to the Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford at 7.18am (Sunday) by EEAST for further specialist care.
New East Coast Trains Will Operate From 2018
There's been a worrying rise in the number of youngsters hospitalised for self harming in the Four Counties
Work starts on £172m Regeneration Scheme In South Oxhey
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.