Jewellery Stolen By Fake Worker
10 September 2012, 11:06
Thousands of pounds worth of jewellery has been stolen from a house in Flitwick by a man disguised to look like he was working on the property.
The thief was wearing a yellow hardhat and high visibility jacket as he used a ladder to enter a bedroom through the window.
Once inside, the offender stole jewellery including:
- A distinctive 18 carat gold engagement ring with a large, square diamond in the middle and three smaller diamonds on either side
- Herringbone pattern wedding ring with diamonds
- A 9 carat gold sapphire ring
- Blue topaz necklace
- Heart shaped necklace with three diamonds
- A sapphire and cubic ring
The incident happened sometime between 11.30am and 1.30pm in Windrush Close, Flitwick.
Detective Constable Verity McCann, who is investigating the burglary, said:
“We would really like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the burglary or anyone else who may have information – however small or insignificant they think it is – that could help us. Please don’t dismiss your information as unimportant – even tiny details which don’t seem relevant now might become useful later on in the investigation.”