Making The Most Of The Show
Heading down to the Careers Show? Here's some tips on how to get the most out of the day.
One of the benefits of attending the Careers Show is being able to meet recruiters from some of the organisations that you might be thinking of applying to.
It is often said, ‘people buy people’ and here is your chance to shine, to gain an insight into the companies you want to work for and to make an impression on recruiters. In this challenging economic climate, this could give you the edge over other candidates.
Here’s five top tips:
1. Dress appropriately. You only get one chance to make a good first impression; so look clean and presentable!
2. Have plenty of copies of your CV, ready to give to exhibitors
3. Be ready to swap contact details
4. Plan your day. There are so many exhibitors at the Heart Essex Careers Show that it is worth identifying which employers you are interested in so you can ensure that you have time to find them and chat through opportunities they may have.
5. Do your research. Check the list of exhibitors and have a look at their websites beforehand to get an idea of the types of roles companies may be recruiting for.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music