Chigwell: Couple Homeless After Flat Fire

An investigation is now underway following a fire in Chigwell which has left a couple homeless.

The blaze broke out at around 3:30am today (Tuesday May 29th) in a first floor flat in Copperfield.

The fire was extinguished by 4:30am.

Leading Firefighter Darren Waite from Loughton fire station said:

"The fire had started in a first floor flat, the residents had called 999 and got safely out of the flat before the arrival of the fire service.  The building contained eight flats and smoke had affected some of the neighbouring properties.

"The crews quick actions prevented the fire from spreading to the other flats.

"Crews made a check of the adjacent flats to make sure that everyone was accounted for and led to safety a woman from one of the flats. Fortunately no one was hurt at the incident.

"The couple who lived in the flat where the fire had started have been made homeless following the fire."

Local News

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Kat Shoob

10pm - 1am

Email the show

Text 'HEART' to 82122

Kat Shoob

On TV: Merry Quiz-mas!

12am - 2am

Watch heart TV

  • Kiesza HIDEAWAY

    00:09

    iTunes

  • Philip George ALONE NO MORE WITH ANTON POWERS

    00:06

  • Sigma CHANGING FT. PALOMA FAITH

    00:03

  • Pogues/Kirsty MacColl Fairytale Of New York

    00:00

    iTunes

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Advertise Advertise in Essex

Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.

Follow Heart on Twitter