Essex: County Facing More Bad Weather
26 December 2013, 19:38
Stormy weather is set to hit Essex with more wind and rain expected to worsen the effects of the storm just gone.
The weather overnight and through tomorrow is expected to cause travel disruption with people in the county also urged to be prepared for flooding.
The Environment Agency said ongoing river flooding is expected across Essex, adding, "It is possible that heavy rain may worsen the current flooding situation in some areas with rivers responding quickly to rain falling on already saturated ground.''
Across Essex seven flood alerts and an additional flood warning are in place as at 7pm on Boxing Day.
Flood Warnings are in place for:
- The River Roding at Abridge
Flood Alerts are in place for:
- River Wid from Ingatestone to, and including Writtle
- The River Can at Chelmsford
- River Colne from Great Yeldham to, and including Colchester
- The Upper River Roding including Molehill Green, Dunmow, Ongar, Fyfield, High Ongar and Stapleford
- The Middle River Roding including Abridge, Loughton and Buckhurst Hill
- The Lower River Roding including Redbridge, Woodford, Wanstead, Ilford, East Ham and Barking