Family Homeless Following Chelmsford Fire

A woman and her three children have been made homeless following a fire in Chelmsford.

fire engine

Emergency services were called to the two-storey house on Sawkins Avenue at around 8.45pm yesterday (Monday 12 May) to find the whole of the first floor heavily smoke logged.

The fire was out by 9.18pm.

The woman had to be taken to hospital for breathing in smoke.

The Red Cross Victim Support unit provided welfare assistance to the family at the scene.

Local News

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Matt Mackay

12pm - 4pm

Email the show

Text 'ESSEX' to 82122

Matt Mackay

On TV: The Perfect Christmas Song!

2pm - 3pm

Watch heart TV

  • Wizzard I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

    Now

    iTunes

  • Leona Lewis One More Sleep

    14:32

    iTunes

  • Lily Allen Somewhere Only We Know

    14:24

    iTunes

  • East 17 Stay Another Day

    14:20

    iTunes

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Advertise Advertise in Essex

Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.

Follow Heart on Twitter