It's been announced today that Essex PCC Roger Hirst will take on responsibility of the local fire and rescue service.
Non Urgent Health Number Launches In Essex
A new single non-urgent medical number is now available in Essex to help us find the right place to go to or right person to speak to about health services.
With such a vast and complicated health and social care system, it's not always clear where you should go to find information, so the new independent Health Consumer Champion Healthwatch Essex has created a single number for residents to find out about health and care services.
The number is 0300 500 1895- a one-stop-shop for information about health and care services in your area.
What the service is...
- A free, friendly and confidential services independent from the NHS and social care services
- An information and signposting role, giving callers the contact details for a range of health and social care services, which can then be contacted by the caller
- They can give information about choices where you might get help in relation to your health, social care and wellbeing needs
- Put callers in touch with sources of information on NHS and social care services in Essex
- They can give callers information about what to do when things have gone wrong and you are unsure how to make a complaint
What the service is not...
- It's not supported by trained clinicians or health and care professionals. This means they cannot offer advice on medical matters - including medication, queries about a diagnosis or recommendations about a choice of a particular treatment pathway
- Healthwatch Essex is not a part of the NHS or Essex County Council. Whilst they will use your feedback to improve services, they have no powers to investigate individual formal complaints about them
- They cannot offer advice as to the 'best' place to go to receive a service or offer an opinion as which service you choose for treatment, care or further information
- They are not an advocacy service and so cannot make a complaint to a service on your behalf. If you need help or support to formally complain about an NHS service then you should contact SEAP on 0300 34 35 736
- They are not able to offer financial, legal or similar specialist advice
- If you are troubled and urgently need someone to talk to, the Samaritans are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. (Phone: 08457 909090, www.samaritans.org)
A chief Essex medic has told Heart all local councils and CCGs are now coming together to tackle mental health.
Doctors and health care leaders today announced a new development in the options for future hospital services in mid and south Essex.
Residents are being urged to give their views on the Chelmsford City Growth Package.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.