Councils Tweet Around The Clock
From bins to pot holes, social work to food safety, hundreds of vital local council services will be brought to life in 140 characters as councillors and staff from our local councils take part in a national tweetathon today (Weds Nov 26).
They will be among thousands nationwide to tweet using #OurDay to give residents an insight into the hundreds of jobs councils do every day, from considering planning applications and fixing roads, to taking care of vulnerable people.
Cllr David Whiteman-Downes, lead councillor for customer services at South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "Our staff and councillors work hard every day to provide a massive range of services from collecting bins to providing homes. Follow #OurDay at @SouthCambs to get an overview of, and ask questions about, what we do for you and your community."
In Peterborough for example, they'll be highlighting the breadth and scale of service that is provided by the city council’s 1,396 staff through messages and pictures and tweeting facts to illustrate the range and quantity of work they carry out - including some surprises.
Which councils are taking part?
- Bedford Borough Council - follow @BedfordTweets
- Central Beds Council - follow @LetsTalkCentral
- Milton Keynes - follow @MKCouncil
- Cambridgeshire County Council - follow @CambsCC
- East Cambs District - follow @EastCambs
- South Cambs - follow @SouthCambs
- Dacorum Borough - follow @DacorumBC
- Hertfordshire County Council - follow @HertsCC
- Hertsmere Borough - follow @HertsmereBC
- North Herts District council - follow @NorthHertsDC
- Stevenage - follow @StevenageBC
- St Albans - follow @StAlbansCouncil
- Watford - follow @WatfordCouncil
- Welwyn Hatfield - follow @WelHatCouncil
- Corby borough - follow @CorbyBC
- Daventry District - follow @DaventryDC
- Northants County Council - follow @MyCountyCouncil