Child Hurt As School Sports Ceiling Collapses
Fights & Drunk Drivers: Police Tweet Night Of Action
Northants Police have given the public a glimpse of some of the problems they have to deal with every weekend - and shows the county's town centres regularly descend into violence, illegal drinking and criminal behaviour.
187 calls came in - in just 4 hours - and many of the 129 incidents they logged - were down to drink related violence.
The busiest time was around 4am when the clubs started to close - with reports of arrests in Northampton, Kettering and Daventry for fighting, criminal damage and assaulting door-staff.
But police also had to deal with lots of time wasters - one woman called saying her partner stole her phone - but turned-out she was drunk - and just lost it.
This is the summary of just ONE nights calls - from 10pm Saturday til 4am this morning (Sun 21st) calls into the Control Room and tweeted by police using #AlcoholHarm
- Woman called in saying her partner stole her phone in fact she was drunk and had just lost it
- Officers dealing with an alcohol fuelled fight in Northampton town centre
- Fight resulted in window being smashed, two arrested, is it worth getting that drunk?
- Gold Street, Northampton, man acting aggressively & threatening staff at Travel Lodge. Breath smells of alcohol
- Police in Corby & Kettering have dealt with 3 drink-drivers already. One blew 100. Legal limit is 35
- Daventry town centre - drunken female arrested for assaulting a member of door staff
- Altercation in Northampton town centre. Two intoxicated men have assaulted one another
- Turning into a busy night. Woman just been assaulted on Wellingborough Road, Northampton. Again looks like alcohol involved
- Wootton - vehicle hits parked car. Driver turns out to be 1.5 times over legal limit. Guess where he'll be spending the night?
- Northampton - police assisting man found flat out on path outside the bus station
- Another arrest - drunk and disorderly. Dealing with #alcoholharm in town centres at weekends is a huge drain on our resources
- Man arrested for criminal damage after smashing up a car. Guess what - breath laced with booze
- Thanks go to the Street Pastors looking after intoxicated man passed out in road, until ambulance arrives
- Club ejecting a group for alcohol-fuelled fighting - police on way
- Group involved in fight outside Sol Central. Police attending. One injured
- Kettering - police have just broken up a drunken brawl in town centre
- 4am. Now it's really started to get busy as people pour onto the streets at club closing time, many of them intoxicated
- Two more arrested for drunk and disorderly in last 5 minutes
- Breath test reading 58. Legal limit is 35. Followed by officers as he went to re-fuel his vehicle.
Helen's Family: "Despite this victory for justice there can be no celebration"
Family Tribute To Woman Who Dies After Violent Burglary
Family Of Murdered Liam Hunt Say They've Been Ripped Apart By His Death
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.