Events across the weekend to celebrate the work of our Armed Forces
Fights & Drunk Drivers: Police Tweet Night Of Action
Northants Police have given the public a glimpse of some of the problems they have to deal with every weekend - and shows the county's town centres regularly descend into violence, illegal drinking and criminal behaviour.
187 calls came in - in just 4 hours - and many of the 129 incidents they logged - were down to drink related violence.
The busiest time was around 4am when the clubs started to close - with reports of arrests in Northampton, Kettering and Daventry for fighting, criminal damage and assaulting door-staff.
But police also had to deal with lots of time wasters - one woman called saying her partner stole her phone - but turned-out she was drunk - and just lost it.
This is the summary of just ONE nights calls - from 10pm Saturday til 4am this morning (Sun 21st) calls into the Control Room and tweeted by police using #AlcoholHarm
- Woman called in saying her partner stole her phone in fact she was drunk and had just lost it
- Officers dealing with an alcohol fuelled fight in Northampton town centre
- Fight resulted in window being smashed, two arrested, is it worth getting that drunk?
- Gold Street, Northampton, man acting aggressively & threatening staff at Travel Lodge. Breath smells of alcohol
- Police in Corby & Kettering have dealt with 3 drink-drivers already. One blew 100. Legal limit is 35
- Daventry town centre - drunken female arrested for assaulting a member of door staff
- Altercation in Northampton town centre. Two intoxicated men have assaulted one another
- Turning into a busy night. Woman just been assaulted on Wellingborough Road, Northampton. Again looks like alcohol involved
- Wootton - vehicle hits parked car. Driver turns out to be 1.5 times over legal limit. Guess where he'll be spending the night?
- Northampton - police assisting man found flat out on path outside the bus station
- Another arrest - drunk and disorderly. Dealing with #alcoholharm in town centres at weekends is a huge drain on our resources
- Man arrested for criminal damage after smashing up a car. Guess what - breath laced with booze
- Thanks go to the Street Pastors looking after intoxicated man passed out in road, until ambulance arrives
- Club ejecting a group for alcohol-fuelled fighting - police on way
- Group involved in fight outside Sol Central. Police attending. One injured
- Kettering - police have just broken up a drunken brawl in town centre
- 4am. Now it's really started to get busy as people pour onto the streets at club closing time, many of them intoxicated
- Two more arrested for drunk and disorderly in last 5 minutes
- Breath test reading 58. Legal limit is 35. Followed by officers as he went to re-fuel his vehicle.
Barry Walker Began Abusing His Victim When She Was Just 7
Police Pay Tribute To Bletchley Community Officer
Great Get Together Comes Together For Jo Cox Across The East
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.