Adam Mudd Was 16 When He Began His Cyber Attacks
The Great War In Herts, Beds, MK & Northants
Marking the beginning of World War One across the four counties.
Events to mark the start of the Great War are being held across the UK, here is a list of whats happening in Herts, Beds, MK & Northants.
Those who don't plan on attending a 'Light's Out Event' are still being encouraged to take part at home by turning out their lights for one hour between 10pm-11pm on Monday 4th August and using just candle light.
Gretton Local History Group’s exhibition at Gretton Village Hall in Corby from 11.15am – 5pm
Gretton Local History Group’s exhibition at Gretton Village Hall in Corby from 11am – 5pm
4th August- Light's Out Events (10-11pm)
- Corby War Memorial in Corby Old Village.
- Weldon War Memorial in Weldon.
- St Mary Magdalene's Church, Grafton Road, Geddington.
- War Memorial, Latimer Close in Burton Latimer.
- War Memorial, Keats Way, Rushden (during the afternoon there will also be an afternoon tea with music from World War One.)
- War Memorial within the parish Church of St Botolph.
- St Giles Square, Northampton.
- St Mary the Virgin Church, Titchmarsh, Church Street, Titchmarsh, Kettering.
- St James Church CE Thrapston, Kettering, Thrapston
- A Centenary Fete and Sports Day at The Hollows in Daventry from midday until 5pm.
- The Royal British Legion County Drumhead Service in Gadebridge Park, Hemel Hempstead at 3pm.
- Launch of the Herts at War Exhibition, 12/14 The Arcade, Letchworth Garden City at 6.30pm.
Light's Out Events (10-11pm)
- Hemel Hempstead Civic Centre
- Berkhamsted Civic Centre
- Victoria Hall in Tring
- Welwyn Garden City War Memorial (there will also be a special screening of WWI film, King and Country, at the Garden City Cinema at 7.30pm.)
- Harpenden War Memorial, High Street, Harpenden (10:45 start)
- St Albans Cathedral, Sumpter Yard, St Albans. (The service takes place in the Quire, please enter via the Slype Visitor Entrance)
31st July- 10th August
The Centre:MK has installed an interactive poppy sculpture as a tribute to service men and women from the UK and Commonwealth. Shoppers are invited to dedicate and insert a poppy to the sculpture located near Middleton Hall on Midsummer Arcade, personalising their tributes to loved ones who are, and have been, active in conflict in the armed forces.
- A launch of 100 balloons with parade and service at MK Dons FC stadium 12pm.
- A candle lit service at 10.45pm at North Square in Newport Pagnell
- The lighting of candles followed by poetry and readings at Simpson War Memorial by Simpson Church, Simpson 10pm.
- Fund raising day and Lights out, RBL HQ, Bradshaw Close, Wilstead.
- Bedford’s Foster Hill Road Cemetery will host a very special ceremony and wreath laying. The ceremony will start at 2pm with a parade from the Chapel to the Cross of Sacrifice in the Cemetery where the Service will take place.
4th August- Light's Out Events (10-11pm)
- Ravensden Village War Memorial, All Saints Church, Church Hill, Ravensden (Start time 9:45pm)
- The Higgins Museum and Art Gallery Bedford (Open from 8pm, Guests are invited to contribute to a Lights Out exhibition by writing a letter either to a family member who served in the war, or to the ‘unknown soldier’, to be displayed during the evening.)
- War Memorial, Bedford Road, Sandy
- War Memorial, Orchard Road Pulloxhill
9th August- 28th September
- Woburn Abbey Exhibition
Specials Constabulary Sergeant Alec Bedford found guilty of various misconduct charges including making unnecessary arrest & force
Heart spoke to an 82 year old man who was threatened and had his wedding ring stolen during a burglary in Milton Keynes.
Blaze started in care home in Cadmore Lane early this morning.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.