A consultation has opened on where housing developments should be built in Milton Keynes.
The Great War In Herts, Beds, MK & Northants
Marking the beginning of World War One across the four counties.
Events to mark the start of the Great War are being held across the UK, here is a list of whats happening in Herts, Beds, MK & Northants.
Those who don't plan on attending a 'Light's Out Event' are still being encouraged to take part at home by turning out their lights for one hour between 10pm-11pm on Monday 4th August and using just candle light.
Gretton Local History Group’s exhibition at Gretton Village Hall in Corby from 11.15am – 5pm
Gretton Local History Group’s exhibition at Gretton Village Hall in Corby from 11am – 5pm
4th August- Light's Out Events (10-11pm)
- Corby War Memorial in Corby Old Village.
- Weldon War Memorial in Weldon.
- St Mary Magdalene's Church, Grafton Road, Geddington.
- War Memorial, Latimer Close in Burton Latimer.
- War Memorial, Keats Way, Rushden (during the afternoon there will also be an afternoon tea with music from World War One.)
- War Memorial within the parish Church of St Botolph.
- St Giles Square, Northampton.
- St Mary the Virgin Church, Titchmarsh, Church Street, Titchmarsh, Kettering.
- St James Church CE Thrapston, Kettering, Thrapston
- A Centenary Fete and Sports Day at The Hollows in Daventry from midday until 5pm.
- The Royal British Legion County Drumhead Service in Gadebridge Park, Hemel Hempstead at 3pm.
- Launch of the Herts at War Exhibition, 12/14 The Arcade, Letchworth Garden City at 6.30pm.
Light's Out Events (10-11pm)
- Hemel Hempstead Civic Centre
- Berkhamsted Civic Centre
- Victoria Hall in Tring
- Welwyn Garden City War Memorial (there will also be a special screening of WWI film, King and Country, at the Garden City Cinema at 7.30pm.)
- Harpenden War Memorial, High Street, Harpenden (10:45 start)
- St Albans Cathedral, Sumpter Yard, St Albans. (The service takes place in the Quire, please enter via the Slype Visitor Entrance)
31st July- 10th August
The Centre:MK has installed an interactive poppy sculpture as a tribute to service men and women from the UK and Commonwealth. Shoppers are invited to dedicate and insert a poppy to the sculpture located near Middleton Hall on Midsummer Arcade, personalising their tributes to loved ones who are, and have been, active in conflict in the armed forces.
- A launch of 100 balloons with parade and service at MK Dons FC stadium 12pm.
- A candle lit service at 10.45pm at North Square in Newport Pagnell
- The lighting of candles followed by poetry and readings at Simpson War Memorial by Simpson Church, Simpson 10pm.
- Fund raising day and Lights out, RBL HQ, Bradshaw Close, Wilstead.
- Bedford’s Foster Hill Road Cemetery will host a very special ceremony and wreath laying. The ceremony will start at 2pm with a parade from the Chapel to the Cross of Sacrifice in the Cemetery where the Service will take place.
4th August- Light's Out Events (10-11pm)
- Ravensden Village War Memorial, All Saints Church, Church Hill, Ravensden (Start time 9:45pm)
- The Higgins Museum and Art Gallery Bedford (Open from 8pm, Guests are invited to contribute to a Lights Out exhibition by writing a letter either to a family member who served in the war, or to the ‘unknown soldier’, to be displayed during the evening.)
- War Memorial, Bedford Road, Sandy
- War Memorial, Orchard Road Pulloxhill
9th August- 28th September
- Woburn Abbey Exhibition
Brian Patrick Fegan Died When His Car Collided With A Stationary Lorry That Stopped To Help At Another Crash
Week Left For Northants Parents To Apply For Secondary School Places
Face watch ID Online Tool For Public To Search In Their area.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.