One Last Song Sam Smith Download 'One Last Song' on iTunes
20 April 2010, 06:00
The next stage of the Digital Switchover to affect Gloucestershire will take place in April next year.
Digital UK have confirmed they will begin switching off analogue TV channels at the Ridge Hill transmitter on April 6th 2011.
The transmitter serves areas in North Gloucestershire.
Digital UK and the Switchover Help Scheme are preparing to launch a public information campaign to ensure viewers are ready for the change. The campaign, due to kick off later this year will include roadshows, advertising and an information leaflet sent to every home. The Help Scheme will write to eligible older and disabled people offering support in making the switch, including equipment, installation if needed and aftercare.
Viewers can check their switchover date and options for getting digital TV by using the Digital UK
postcode checker at digitaluk.co.uk or by ringing 08456 50 50 50.
Get set for switchover with Digital UK’s Top Five Tips:
1. Visit the switchover postcode checker at digitaluk.co.uk to find out when your area switches or ring
the advice line on 08456 50 50 50.
2. Remember the Switchover Help Scheme will offer equipment and practical support to older and
disabled viewers. The Help Scheme will write to eligible viewers in the run-up to switchover. Call 0800
408 7654 or visit helpscheme.co.uk for more details.
3. Don’t throw out your old TV - almost all sets can be converted with a digital box.
4. Check out the different ways of getting digital TV, including subscription-free options. Digital UK’s
postcode checker provides details of digital services available in your area.
5. If you have Freeview, check you know how to retune your TV or box – you’ll need to do it at both
stages of switchover. For more information visit digitaluk.co.uk/retuning.