Wake Me Up Before You Go Wham!
Medway Youth Trust is a registered charity that exist to improve the life chances of young people. Established in April 2008, Medway Youth Trust can not claim tradition or a sense of history. However this means we are also not stifled by the past.
Medway is quite unique. It is steeped in history with for example the Norman castle and cathedral in Rochester and the Dockyard and Napoleonic Fort in Chatham. Just a short drive or train journey to London and in the heart of the Thames Gateway but also close to mainland Europe. Medway is made up of very well established towns and large rural areas of countryside.
It is an historical area but one which is changing as regeneration plans are implemented. We have three universities here in Medway and a brand new Mid Kent College campus opening in September 2009. There are many small and medium sized businesses in and around the many industrial estates.
We have in Medway a mix of selective and non-selective secondary schools. This back drop provides both real opportunity and challenge for young people as they grow up in Medway.
Medway Youth Trust’s mission is to help improve the life chances of young people.
We are currently developing a long term plan for our work. We aim to ensure that our approach and the way we deliver services can be judged on the following:
• We will take pride in our work, with an attention to detail
• We will be impartial and non-judgemental
• We will be trustworthy, supportive, truthful, honest and impartial
• We will be credible, and well known
• We will use straightforward language and try to avoid jargon
• We will listen to and work with young people, our partners, funders and supporters
• We will be accessible and responsive
• We will ensure young people are actively involved in running our organisation
To access over 100 training apprenticeship job vacancies in the area visit: www.medwayyouthtrust.org