Area Declared Safe After Garage Fire

People who had to move out of their homes when a fire broke out near Maidstone, have been allowed back.

The fire in a block of garages near Beaconsfield Road in Tovil started late on Tuesday night (23rd March).

Firefighters were concerned that gas canisters in the garage could explode.

Around 88 properties were evacuated with people either staying with friends and family or going to a rest centre set up at Mote Park Leisure Centre.

The area has now been declared safe meaning people who were affected can go back to their homes.

Archbishop Courteney School in Church Road has also re-opened.

Police say they would like to thank the community for their cooperation.

Recently Played Tracks

On TV: 55 Biggest 90s Club Classics

10pm - 2am

Watch heart TV

  • Livin' Joy Dreamer

    22:29

    iTunes

  • Olive You're Not Alone

    22:22

    iTunes

  • Mousse T Horny

    22:18

    iTunes

  • Phats & Small Turn Around

    22:15

    iTunes

More On Heart