Men Admit to Robberies on Banks and Bookies
Two men plead guilty to a series of robberies in Kent and Medway since November
Gary McMeekin, 35, of Kingswear Gardens, Strood and Robert Blackburn, 31, of Copperhouse Road, Rochester appeared at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday 18 June.
McMeekin pleaded guilty to 6 charges of robbery and possession of an imitation firearm with two further offences to be taken into consideration. The robberies he pleaded guilty to were:
- Coral bookmakers, Friary Precinct, Strood - Sunday 29 November 2009
- Coral bookmakers, Gun Lane, Strood - Monday 30 November 2009
- Choice Bet bookmakers, High Street, Snodland - Wednesday 2 December 2009
- Coral bookmakers, Friary Precinct, Strood - Wednesday 13 January 2010
- Nationwide Building Society, Strood - Thursday 25 March 2010
- Lloyds TSB bank, Perry Street, Northfleet - Friday 9 April 2010
Two further robberies will also be taken into consideration:
- Ladbrokes bookmakers, Holborough Road, Snodland - Friday 15 January 2010
- William Hill bookmakers, High Street, Strood - Monday 18 January 2010
Blackburn pleaded guilty to one charge of robbery in connection to the offence in Northfleet on Friday 9 April. He had also been charged in connection to the robbery at the Nationwide Building Society. Blackburn pleaded not guilty to this offence, and that plea was accepted.
Both men have been remanded into custody and are due to be sentenced at Maidstone Crown court the week beginning Monday 26 July.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music