Have you discovered Midtown yet?
Midtown incorporates the London districts of Bloomsbury, Holborn and St. Giles, lying right at the heart of the capital. Between the West End and the City, it's an area with charms that are all its own and well worth getting to know better this summer.
Whether you're keen on culture, hot on heritage or simply looking for somewhere different to eat and drink, Midtown has it all.
- For anyone tired of your standard high street, there's some quirky shopping, from hand-made umbrellas to highland kilts, toy train sets to precious stones.
- Book buffs can drop in on Dickens' London home, visit the ancient Inns of Court where Shakespeare acted. Not forgetting the fantastic bookshops.
- Music lovers should get down to Denmark Street. The Beatles recorded here, and you can still pick up your first guitar or a baby grand.
- When it comes to museums, the choice is world-beating. Gems such as the British Museum and the home of visionary architect Sir John Soane are just two, and there are some really great galleries.
- And when you need a break, why not seek out one of the area's unspoilt Victorian pubs or grab yourself a bite to eat? There's everything here from luxury dining to Korean barbecues and a range of hotels to suit all budgets.