Drivers, Pedestrians, Bus Passengers & Cyclists All Set To Benefit From New Info Grid
Asbestos Fears After Barn Fire
People living near a fire involving a barn with an asbestos roof are being told they no longer need to keep windows and doors closed.
The roof of the barn at Stoke Goldington near Milton Keynes contained the dangerous substance.
The fire started just before 11pm on Thursday 1 September 2011, but smoke continued to rise after the fire had been put out on the morning of Friday 2 September. The smoke was expected to come down around the villages of Hartwell and Piddington on the Bucks/Northants border at around 12noon on Friday.
Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue warned people living in the villages to make sure their windows and doors were closed because of fears the wind would carry asbestos particles in the smoke into people's homes.
A change in weather conditions in the late morning of Friday 2 September meant much of the asbestos had dispersed.
Farm machinery and five hundred tonnes of straw was destroyed in the fire at the barn on Church Lane, which took just under two hours to put out. Firefighters were able to rescue a herd of forty cows and bullocks.
The cause of the fire isn't yet known.
Two 19 Year Old Men Arrested, Younger Teen In A Critical Condition
Fullers Slade To Start The Regeneration Programme In The New City
Heart spoke to an 82 year old man who was threatened and had his wedding ring stolen during a burglary in Milton Keynes.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.