Super Redways Introduced To Some Of Milton Keynes Traffic Free Thoroughfares
Family Escape House Fire Explosion
A family escaped from a house in Milton Keynes yesterday (Thursday March 17th) before a propane cylinder exploded in a fire, blowing out windows.
Fire crews were called to Moorfoot in Fullers Slade at 4pm after a cooker powered by a propane cylinder caught fire.
A man, a woman and their daughter were able to get out of the three-storey terraced house safely before the cylinder exploded.
Station Manager Ian Wilson, the incident commander, said: "The combination of the closed fire door leading from the kitchen to the rest of the ground floor, and good work by the crews, prevented this from becoming a far more serious incident.
"Although the kitchen was destroyed and there was light smoke damage throughout the house, the fire was quickly brought under control before it was able to spread to the rest of the house and neighbouring properties.
"It must have been a frightening experience for the occupants, but we are relieved that they were out of harm's way while the worst of it was happening."
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a jet and two hose reels to put out the fire, and a large fan to clear away the smoke.
Volunteers from the British Red Cross also attended in the Fire and Emergency Support Service vehicle, which is based at Bletchley Fire Station, to look after the family.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Gareth Wesley
6am - 10am
Text 'RADIO' to 82122
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.