Mama Jonas Blue feat. William Singe Download 'Mama' on iTunes
An area's health bosses are considering spending almost £1.5m less each year on maternity services, despite several high profile problems in the department.
Milton Keynes Hospital's maternity unit was criticised by inspectors in January 2010 after the deaths of two newborn babies. NHS MK need to save more than £20m over the next year, and more than £100m over the next four years.
They are planning to do this by reducing deaths from major killers like heart disease, and improving quality and productivity.
Events are taking place in Milton Keynes to allow people to give their feedback on the ways in which NHS MK are proposing to save the cash.
They are taking place at:
- NHS Milton Keynes, Sherwood Drive, Bletchley (Wednesday 19 January, 6pm to 7.30pm)
- Olney Town Council, Olney Centre, High Street (Monday 7 February, 7.30pm)
- Newport Pagnell Library, Newport Pagnell (Tuesday 15 February, 6pm to 7.30pm)
- Age UK, Peartree Bridge (Friday 18 February, 9.15am to 10.45am)
- Bradwell Abbey, City Discovery Centre (Wednesday 23 February 6pm to 7.30pm)
- Milton Keynes Council, Civic Offices, Central Milton Keynes (Thursday 24 February, 6pm to 7.30pm)